Overview of AES (Administrative, Educational and Student Support) Assessment
MSCHE and the CUNY system requires that the College systematically assess organizational effectiveness. The goals of this process are to enhance quality, innovation, and effectiveness in the delivery of administrative and support services. In 2017, the College expanded the City Tech Assessment Steering Committee (CTAC) – formerly the steering committee for academic assessment – to include non-instructional organizational units from Enrollment and Student Affairs, as well as Administration and Finance support services.
The College has built upon the University’s reporting structure for the CUNY Performance Management Process (PMP) and the academic assessment model at City Tech. The College requires each Academic Program and each AES unit to identify their department mission and document the alignment of their goals with the College’s Strategic Plan and College mission. Annual assessment reports are required and reviewed in a peer review working session on a cyclical basis. The core components of the AES unit reviews include:
- Assessment of effectiveness in meeting the unit’s mission – achievement of organizational unit goal and objectives;
- Contributions of the unit to the achievement of college-wide mission and strategic plan goals;
- Contributions of the unit to the attainment of the CUNY goals and targets;
- Identification of critical issues facing the unit; and
- Development of a multi-year plan to address critical issues confronting the unit.
AES Assessment Results
- AES Units, Mission Statements, and Alignments
- AES Assessment Annual Updates Submissions
- AES Assessment Documentation Archive: CUNY Dropbox “(AIRE Archive) AES Assessment” folder
Note. unit leaders have access to the Dropbox AES assessment archive folder.
Required AES Assessment Documentation (for each AES unit)
- Alignment of Unit Mission to College Mission
- Alignment of Unit Goals to College Strategic Plan
- AES Periodic Assessment Report
- Alignment of Unit Mission to College Mission (Template)
- Alignment of Unit Goals to College 2019-2023 Strategic Plan (Template)