City Tech believes that a strong assessment program will result in improved student learning outcomes. City Tech uses assessment data to develop student and faculty support services. Fourteen competencies were identified to measure City Tech’s General Education, as passed by the College Council in March 2013 (City Tech General Education Learning Goals) , including: Civic Engagement, Creative Thinking, Critical Thinking, Ethical Reasoning, Foundations and Skills for Lifelong Leaning, Information Literacy, Inquiry and Analysis, Integrative Learning, Intercultural Knowledge and Competence, Oral Communication, Quantitative Literacy, Reading, Teamwork, and Writing.
The competencies have been assessed on a three-year cycle, Association of American College & Universities VALUE (Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education) rubrics or modified VALUE rubrics are adopted as assessment instruments.
Gen Ed Assessment Participation
Gen Ed Assessment Tools
- Gen Ed Assessment Timeline 2018-2025
- Gen Ed Overview Video
- Gen Ed Assessment Rubrics
- Assignment Worksheets (Word + Fillable PDFs)
- Content Validity Worksheets (Word + Fillable PDFs)
- Gen Ed Assessment Workbook
- Gen Ed Assessment Instruction for Faculty
- Gen Ed Assessment Feedback (AEI) Online Form